MASS EFFECT: OPERATION RESURGENCE
BASE REFRESH: 6
SPENT REFRESH: -5
TOTAL REFRESH: 1
PHYSICAL STRESS: 00000
MENTAL STRESS: OOO
TECH STRESS: OOOOO
HIGH CONCEPT: SALARIAN WEAPONS RESEARCHER
- Invoke: Knowledge of weapons systems and manufacturing specs, can identify weapons origins and identify weapons by the wounds they cause. Can manufacture and fix weapons of varying sorts.
- Compel: Has worked in the past on weapons of mass destruction, and has created new ways to kill sentients for people who likely ought not to have such items. A social issue, for those who know his past, and some may come seeking either knowledge or vengeance.
TROUBLE: LACK OF CONSCIENCE
- Invoke: More or less immune to cons or persuasion involving appeals to empathy
- Compel: Between science and weapons research, has managed to basically turn off his conscience and now is almost completely detached from any moral considerations. If it can be done, there’s no reason it shouldn’t be done.
BACKGROUND: UNCOMPROMISING WORK ETHIC
- Invoke: When needed to focus, or resist temptation to stray from work or employee loyalty
- Compel: Difficulty leaving work if a job isn’t done, eating, sleeping, or doing anything else when there’s a job to do.
ASPECT: GAMBLING PROBLEM
- Invoke: An instinctive understanding of the laws of probability allows manipulation of games of chance, combining with photographic memory results in an expert-level gambler
- Compel: Has difficulty resisting the lure of gambling – winning becomes a matter of pride
ASPECT: INCREDIBLY WEALTHY
- Invoke: One of the benefits of being a weapons genius with no scruples is that people have in the past been willing to pay him handsomely for his services. And as he’s always working, he has had little to spend it on.
- Compel: Does not understand the plight of the poor, vulnerable to thievery, time required to manage assets.
ASPECT: A REPUTATION TO MAINTAIN
- Invoke: Well-known in scientific circles and by weapons enthusiasts, has contacts among certain circles
- Compel: Vulnerable to taunts and dares involving his expertise, does not like to be shown up or to give up when something is not perfect.
ASPECT: UNFAILINGLY POLITE
- Invoke: More easily puts people at ease, can be underestimated, more easily bluffs his way into high society
- Compel: Difficulty with company that is rougher, or those who do not appreciate being called “sir”.
SALARIAN (-2 REFRESH)
- PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY (-1):
You have an ability to find obscure connections between data. Any scholarly research you do is completed two time increments (page 65, Doing Things chapter) faster than usual.
- AMPHIBIOUS (–1):
Salarians are equally at home in air or liquid environments and don’t have to make an Athletics roll for normal swimming movements and they can move at their normal rate through liquid. They can also breath normally in water or air based environments.
- HIGH SPEED METABOLISM (-1):
Salarians only require one hour of sleep each day. This does not give them the healing benefits of a day of rest in only one hour; it only mitigates the need for 8 hours of sleep. Natural healing still works as normal. Any task that normally takes a few days or longer is reduced one step on the time scale (page 65, Doing Things chapter) if the character devotes himself to it full time.
- SHORT LIVED (+1)
Salarians have short lifespans. They typically only live for 40 years before dying of old age. If a game lasts longer than a few years of in-game time, any character from this species will pass away before the game is over.
- GREAT (4): Engineering
- GOOD (3): Systems, Academics
- FAIR (2): Artillery, Athletics, Guns
- AVERAGE (1): Contacting, Pilot, Investigation, Endurance
TECH MASTERY -1
- OMNI BLADE
All tech masters are assumed to have a military grade omni tool that provides them with access to an Omni Blade that does Weapon 2 stress in Melee combat.
- SYSTEM STRESS TRACK
Can be used to absorb Tech Attacks as well as allowing use of Tech Skills.
This attack does Weapon 2 Stress to unshielded opponents and can potentially cause the target to panic and lose their action for a turn. If the amount of Stress generated exceeds the Target’s Resolve Skill Roll then the target has the “ON FIRE!!!” Aspect applied to them.
Use the Systems Skill to make an attack versus an opponent’s Athletics or System Skill. If a target is hit then their shields are down and must be recharged normally before being effective again.
- ELANUS RISK CONTROL SHIELD HARNESS
ARMOR: 0 SHIELDS: 4 BULK: 0 COST: 2
NOTES: Light Shields and Vac Suit.
- M-5 PHALANX
DAMAGE: 3 RANGE: 0-3 PENETRATION: 0 BULK: 0 COST: 3
- GETH PLASMA SMG
DAMAGE:2 RANGE:0-3 PENETRATION:-2 BULK:0 COST:3
NOTES: Autofire x2. High Capacity.