MASS EFFECT: OPERATION RESURGENCE
BASE REFRESH: 6
SPENT REFRESH: 6 (-1 for Human)
TOTAL REFRESH: 1
PHYSICAL STRESS: OOOO
MENTAL STRESS: OOO
SYSTEM STRESS: OOOO
HIGH CONCEPT: DEADLY GHOST INFILTRATOR
- Invoke: For stealth, intimidation and sniper attacks.
- Compel: No one wants to be around Cohen because he just radiates the willingness to kill anyone and anything at the drop of a hat.
TROUBLE: FORMER BLUE SUN
- Invoke: Some Blue Suns were sympathetic to the boss whose coup failed and will know or remember him favorably for his work there. The Blue Sun name also commands a certain dark glamor or respect in some circles.
- Compel: Many Blue Suns either actively hunt him or simply will kill him on learning his identity. Blue Suns are not looked on favorably by many people, including the Alliance, so he may be distrusted.
BACKGROUND: BORN OMEGAN
- Invoke: For doing things of a criminal nature or driving vehicles.
- Compel: To get territorial or to be compelled to violence. To do an illegal act.
ASPECT: NEVER LETS HIS GUARD DOWN
- Invoke: He is always aware of his surroundings and is almost impossible to ambush.
- Compel: It is hard to get him to open up or be vulnerable to anyone in any way.
ASPECT: RESPECT IS EARNED
- Invoke: Cohen has a reputation as a soldier in the Marines that many respect. Especially if they know what is good for them.
- Compel: Once someone has earned his respect he will go the wall for them. This includes most (though not all) of his squad mates. Clark in particular has his Respect.
ASPECT: NO STRANGER TO PAIN
- Invoke: To get past pain and to strengthen his resolve.
- Compel: He has endured so much pain that he has little empathy for others who are experiencing it.
ASPECT: STONE COLD KILLER
- Invoke: For killing. For being almost impossible to read and for intimidation.
- Compel: His capacity for violence is apparent which scares the crap out of almost everyone.
HUMAN (+1 REFRESH)
- UPSTART SPECIES (+1):
Many races resent the fact that humanity gained a seat on the council so soon after first contact. The batarians in particular clashed with human interests in the Verge, blaming them for depriving them of valuable resources. Because of this humans suffer a penalty of -1 in social conflicts.
- GREAT (+4): Stealth
- GOOD (+3): Alertness, Intimidation
- FAIR (+2): Athletics, Burglary, Systems
- AVERAGE (+1): Endurance, Engineering, Guns, Pilot
- DEADLY SNIPER
When attacking with a sniper rifle may use Stealth to make the attack.
Can counter Intimidation attempts with his own Intimidation instead of Resolve.
Use Intimidation in lieu of Resolve to defend against Rapport, Deceit, and Empathy.
TECH MASTERY -1
- OMNI BLADE
All tech masters are assumed to have a military grade omni tool that provides them with access to an Omni Blade that does Weapon 2 stress in Melee combat.
- SYSTEM STRESS TRACK
Can be used to absorb Tech Attacks as well as allowing use of Tech Skills.
As a supplementary action you can deplete your shield’s charge in order to become effectively invisible, granting you a +4 bonus to Stealth checks—if the GM even rules that you need to make them—and causing enemies to suffer a –2 penalty to any melee attack rolls against you and -4 to any ranged weapon attacks. This effect lasts for the rest of the scene out of combat or for a number of rounds equal to the Shifts generated by a Systems skill roll in combat with a minimum of 1 round. Or until the cloaked character makes an attack of any kind or uses any Biotic or Tech Talents. Kinetic Shields offer no protection while a Tactical Cloak is up and must be recharged by taking cover after the cloak ends as normal for shields.
- ASSASSINATION CLOAK -1
Receives a bonus of +2 damage with sniper rifle if cloaked when attacking.
- SR9 INFILTRATOR STEALTH SUIT
ARMOR: 0 SHIELDS: 4 BULK: 0 COST: 2
NOTES: Light Shield Generator with Enviro-suit improvement.
- M-92 MANTIS
DAMAGE: 4 RANGE: 3-7 PENETRATION: 1 BULK: 2 COST: 2
NOTES: Scoped (-1 Alertness while in use). Awkward Reload (Out of Ammo Free Taggable). -2 Tech Skills for weapon’s Bulk.
- M-3 PREDATOR
DAMAGE: 2 RANGE: 0-3 PENETRATION: 0 BULK: 0 COST: 1
NOTES: Aspect: Weak versus Shields/Barriers
2ND SQUAD, RECON PLATOON, ECHO COMPANY, 2ND BATTALION, 3RD BRIGADE, 1ST REGIMENT, 103RD DIVISION
His mother, a red sand addict in the slums of Omega, died when he was six years old, leaving him to raise himself. He made his way on Omega by a combination of burglary and begging until his early teens, when he made his first kill. It was a Blood Pack vorcha that pursued him back into Gozu. It hadn’t appreciated having its pistol stolen right out of its holster, but its anger was shortlived. A Blue Sun Legionairre just happened to enter the corridor when Cohen’s single, lucky shot took the vorcha down, and Cohen was recruited on the spot. His light fingers and increasing apathy to the suffering of others made him a quick success in the lower ranks; his aptitudes for sneaking and hacking served him well when his boss’s failed coup found his peers being murdered in their beds. He stowed away aboard an asari vessel bound for the Citadel and escaped Blue Sun’s notice.
He was on the Citadel for all of a week when he tried to rob a wealthy, soft-looking human mark in a quiet alley outside Chora’s Den. He found himself disarmed and his trachea crushed before he knew what had happened; apparently, the N7 on the mark’s jacket meant something he should’ve known. After being hauled to an Alliance hospital and treated, he was offered two options: he could enlist, or he could go to an Alliance prison.
Relevant undecided details: If Cohen’s had a name change to protect his identity, if he has visible blue sun tattoos, what the boss who failed at a coup’s name was, if any of that ties in with the larger ME universe faces