MASS EFFECT: OPERATION RESURGENCE
BASE REFRESH: 6
SPENT REFRESH: 6 (-1 for Human)
TOTAL REFRESH: 1
PHYSICAL STRESS: OOOO
MENTAL STRESS: OOOO
BIOTIC STRESS: OOOOO
HIGH CONCEPT: POWERFUL YOUNG VANGUARD
- Invoke: Bankole is a very gifted biotic. Perhaps one of the strongest of his generation.
- Compel: Sometimes he is too powerful resulting in damage to his surroundings as his power gets away from him. He is also very inexperienced.
TROUBLE: SURPRISINGLY NAIVE
- Invoke: There is an innocence to Bankole that is apparent. Few would expect him to be able to lie about anything.
- Compel: because he is so open and frank in his outlook he is easily fooled by almost any kind of deception.
BACKGROUND: SALT OF THE EARTH
- Invoke: There is a charm to Bankole’s uncomplicated outlook on life. He is also used to achieving difficult goals with hard work.
- Compel: He is bit of a country mouse and doesn’t really understand the ways of modern city folks.
ASPECT: HEART OF A LION
- Invoke: Bankole is indomitable. He will not back down out of fear. Especially if someone he cares about needs his aid.
- Compel: His bravery can sometimes lead him to get into a fight that he cannot win.
ASPECT: IT’S NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT…
- Invoke: Bankole just barely made the height and weight requirements for military service and stands at around 5’4" weighing 130 lbs. He may be small but he will not allow that to get in his way no matter what. And it can be an asset if he needs to fit in small places.
- Compel: He is REALLY small and that can be a problem during certain physical activities.
ASPECT: HAS A NOSE FOR DANGER
- Invoke: Ferris Fields was an isolated agrarian colony with dangerous wildlife. Bankole learned to always be alert in that frontier environment.
- Compel: Because he is used to wilderness he can sometimes be overwhelmed by the bustling on the go nature of modern cities.
ASPECT: SLACK JAWED YOKEL
HUMAN (+1 REFRESH)
- UPSTART SPECIES (+1):
Many races resent the fact that humanity gained a seat on the council so soon after first contact. The batarians in particular clashed with human interests in the Verge, blaming them for depriving them of valuable resources. Because of this humans suffer a penalty of -1 in social conflicts.
- GREAT (+4): Biotics
- GOOD (+3): Alertness, Resolve
- FAIR (+2): Athletics, Endurance, Rapport
- AVERAGE (+1): Empathy, Fists, Guns, Stealth
- Danger Sense
When ambushed (page 102, Skills chapter), able to take a full defensive action, gaining a +2 on defense roll, regardless of whether surprised or not.
The use of mass-lowering fields to lift light inanimate objects up to one zone away. This doesn’t include fine manipulations such as picking a lock or writing nor does it include lifting another being. The character can manipulate small hand held objects remotely. The shifts generated with a Biotics skill roll determine the number of exchanges the character can manipulate the object.
- Biotic Punch
By enhancing their punches with Power a Biotic can slam a target with great force. This allows them to use their Biotics Skill to make an unarmed attack.
- Biotics Stress Track
Fuels Biotics actions and can be used to absorb stress from biotics attacks.
The barrier provides a pool of points (1 per shift in a Biotics skill roll) which are used up by incoming stress damage. Can only use Biotics every other turn while barrier is in effect.
Activating Nova with a Biotics skill roll versus a target’s Athletics causes Weapon 2 damage while fully draining the Barrier Pool. If the stress caused to the target exceeds their Might skill a successful strike also knocks the target down placing a “knocked prone” Aspect on them. This power is the one exception to the limitation that biotics may be used every other turn and can be used each turn if the character has any barriers.
This attack allows the biotic to move up to 2 zones away and slam into a target doing Weapon 2 Stress. If the amount of Stress generated exceeds the Target’s Might Skill then the target has the “knocked prone” Aspect applied to them. Spend an action to activate Charge. If the Biotic Charge is unsuccessful then the attack does not occur leaving the target in the original zone having spent their action for the exchange.
- Increased Damage
The Biotic Charge causes Weapon 4 damage for an additional Refresh.
- Increase Barrier
With each use of Biotic Charge restore half of the character’s initially rolled Barrier pool. This will not increase the character’s Barrier above what he originally started with no matter how many times it is used but it will replenish a Barrier that has been damaged.
- ER6A COMBAT ENVIRO SUIT
ARMOR: 0 SHIELDS: 4 BULK: 0 COST: 2
NOTES: Light Shield Generator with Enviro-suit improvement.
- M-23 KATANA
DAMAGE:3 RANGE:0-2 PENETRATION:-1 BULK:1 COST:2
NOTES: Scattershot (page 129). -1 to Biotics because of Bulk.