MASS EFFECT: OPERATION RESURGENCE
Young Jason Prangley
Prangley, modified for playtest and lower powered
BASE REFRESH: 6
SPENT REFRESH: 5
TOTAL REFRESH: 1
PHYSICAL STRESS: OOOOO
MENTAL STRESS: OOOOO
BIOTIC STRESS: OOOOO
HIGH CONCEPT: CYNOSURE BIOTIC
- Jason is biotic through and through, and a natural leader.
- Invoke: Assisting in leadership, or when dealing with biotic phenomena.
- Compel: Some people might not respond well to being ‘led’, and not all problems can be solved with a biotic power.
TROUBLE: PERFECTION ISN’T GOOD ENOUGH
- Jason is a perfectionist, but he view himself as constantly falling short. This drives him, but also causes confidence issues and self doubt. He’s been known to take himself *way too seriously.*
- Invoke: Notice or fix flaws or imperfections others might miss.
- Compel: Jason takes his own mistakes very hard. Proving his worth can also cause recklessness.
BACKGROUND: GRISSOM’S LAST ALUMNI
- The element zero ‘accidents’ across the alliance systems in 2170 created many human children with strong biotic tendencies. Jason was one of those. He was sent to Grissom Academy where he eventually trained under the infamous Subject Zero, the Psychotic Biotic, Jack. She had a tremendous influence on him, pushing him to excellence where he may have fallen to mediocrity in a galaxy full of other biotics.
- Invoke: Assists with anything one might learn in a higher university. Also helpful with war strategies, and situations that Jack’s reputation might influence.
- Compel: Often, Jack’s reputation isn’t a good one. Also, Jason is driven to learn secrets that the academic world would benefit from.
ASPECT: L3-X1 IMPLANT
- Jason was one of the children in the Ascension Project chosen for the L3-X1 implant. While he enjoys the power it can provide, the lack of control it sometimes exhibits not only aggravates him, but can prove dangerous in certain situations. Jason doesn’t like to talk about his implants, as it can be viewed as a lack of control.
- Invoke: Biotic powers.
- Compel: Weird, unpredictable, or dangerous biotic displays.
ASPECT: I’VE SURVIVED MUCH WORSE
- Jason survived being a student of an extremely intense teacher. He survived a prolonged Cerberus attack on Grissom Academy. He and his fellow classmates / recruits survived extremely dangerous situations during the Reaper War. Jason has a knack for survival, and knows it. Aiding the survival of others is extremely important to him as well.
- Invoke: Enduring, surviving, and overcoming fear and intimidation.
- Compel: It’s hard to convince Jason to take high-risk/high-reward over the more stable path. Also, ensuring the survival of everyone in his unit is paramount.
ASPECT: WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
- Shepard’s actions during the reaper war taught a valuable lesson to those willing to learn it – cooperation is key to overcoming obstacles. Jason works to make sure any group he’s a member of works as a cohesive unit, despite any personality differences or prejudices.
- Invoke: Getting people to work together, hashing out disputes, and empathizing with foreign points of view.
- Compel: Trying to diffuse a hopeless situation, perhaps trusting someone against better judgement.
ASPECT: VERITAS VINCIT
- Truth conquers. Its not that Jason can’t lie, or even that he is bad at it. He just refuses to compromise his integrity. He knows a reputation is a strong tool, and repetitive honesty means more people are willing to trust you. When others trust you, you can more easily do your job, whether that be leading, negotiating, or survive in conflicts when allies lives are in each other’s hands.
- Invoke: Earning the trust of other, persuading people to believe certain things, and other situations where reputation is a factor.
- Compel: Telling a truth when it’s inconvenient or dangerous. Dealing with people who dislike the honest (such as criminals).
HUMAN (+1 REFRESH)
- UPSTART SPECIES (+1):
Many races resent the fact that humanity gained a seat on the council so soon after first contact. The batarians in particular clashed with human interests in the Verge, blaming them for depriving them of valuable resources. Because of this humans suffer a penalty of -1 in social conflicts.
- GREAT (4): Biotics,
- GOOD (3): Endurance, Leadership
- FAIR (2): Academics, Guns, Resolve
- AVERAGE (1): Alertness, Athletics, Medicine, Resources
The use of mass-lowering fields to lift light inanimate objects up to one zone away. This doesn’t include fine manipulations such as picking a lock or writing nor does it include lifting another being. The character can manipulate small hand held objects remotely. The shifts generated with a Biotics skill roll determine the number of exchanges the character can manipulate the object.
- Biotic Punch
By enhancing their punches with Power a Biotic can slam a target with great force. This allows them to use their Biotics Skill to make an unarmed attack.
The barrier provides a pool of points (1 per shift in a Biotics skill roll) which are used up by incoming stress damage. So, a 6-point Shield can withstand a total of 6 points of stress before dissipating. This damage is applied by filling up the pool instead of ticking off the correct box as is the case with normal Stress Tracks.
- Power Synergy
Increase biotic power damage and force while Barrier is active. For every point spent from the shield pool increase the damage of a biotic attack (including a biotic punch) by 1 point.
- Power Recharge
Biotics may be used every turn while the Barrier is in use.
This effect only works on targets whose shields are down. Make an attack on an opponent as normal. If successful the target’s has an aspect placed on them like “floating helplessly” that can be tagged as normal. The target also suffers from a Block to all actions equal to the shifts generated by the Singularity. The singularity will last until the beginning of the biotic’s next Turn.
Can be detonated by Biotic Charge, Shockwave, Reave, Throw or Warp.
Make an attack on an Unshielded opponent up to 3 zones away. Reave is a Weapon 2 attack that will restore 1 stress of damage per hit. Armor and Barriers are at -1 effectiveness against Reave attacks.
Can be detonated by Biotic Charge, Shockwave, Throw or Warp.
- ER6A COMBAT ENVIRO SUIT
ARMOR: 0 SHIELDS: 4 BULK: 0 COST: 2
NOTES: Light Shield Generator with Enviro-suit improvement.
- M-4 SHURIKEN
DAMAGE:2 RANGE:0-3 PENETRATION: -1 BULK:0 COST:2
- M-3 PREDATOR
DAMAGE: 2 RANGE: 0-3 PENETRATION: 0 BULK: 0 COST: 1
NOTES: Aspect: Weak versus Shields/Barriers