MASS EFFECT: OPERATION RESURGENCE
BASE REFRESH: 6
SPENT REFRESH: 6 (-1 for Human)
TOTAL REFRESH: 1
PHYSICAL STRESS: OOO
MENTAL STRESS: OOO
SYSTEM STRESS: OOOOO
HIGH CONCEPT: BLEEDING EDGE ENGINEER
- Invoke: Seymore is an extremely talented Engineer.
- Compel: He is more comfortable with a computer algorithm than people.
TROUBLE: LACKS CONFIDENCE
- Invoke: Some will be sympathetic to his obvious lack of experience.
- Compel: Has a hard time speaking up even if it might be important.
BACKGROUND: BOY WONDER
- Invoke: He really is way ahead of his peers and can think of solutions to problems that many wouldn’t even be able to contemplate.
- Compel: He can overreach his current technology’s grasp. He is also only 18 and has no real wisdom to temper his intelligence.
ASPECT: I DON’T WANT TO BORE YOU WITH THE TECH BUT THE QUANTUM ATTENUATOR IS INTERFERING WITH THE HEISENBERG ARRAY CAUSING A CASCADE FAILURE IN THE…
- Invoke: Seymore is so intelligent and innovative that his work can be almost impossible to combat. He can confuse people with his great knowledge.
- Compel: He can become lost in his innovations slowing down his progress on practical matters. He can confuse people with his great knowledge.
ASPECT: CLASS SIX GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INTELLECT
- Invoke: His intellect is at near the peak of what is humanly possible. His memory is photographic and he can memorize huge amounts of information.
- Compel: He can sometimes enter an almost fugue state when contemplating an issue making him oblivious to anything else.
ASPECT: PARENTS ARE CERBERUS
- Invoke: He knows many things because of his exposure to some of the next generation technologies that were commonplace at the Cerberus base on Binthu.
- Compel: Those who know of his past consider him a potential security risk and they expect him to be a traitor. He is also a bit blase about scientific ethical concerns.
ASPECT: DUCT RAT
HUMAN (+1 REFRESH)
- UPSTART SPECIES (+1):
Many races resent the fact that humanity gained a seat on the council so soon after first contact. The batarians in particular clashed with human interests in the Verge, blaming them for depriving them of valuable resources. Because of this humans suffer a penalty of -1 in social conflicts.
- GREAT (+4): Systems
- GOOD (+3): Engineering, Burglary
- FAIR (+2): Academics, Medical
- AVERAGE (+1): Alertness, Athletics, Guns, Pilot
- Security Expert
When setting up security on your own systems and files, your Systems block gains a +1 against attempts to hack it. In addition, when attempting to crack someone else’s security you can usually figure out a way more quickly than the average user. You can move the time required for each attempt two steps down the time scale (page 65, Doing Things chapter).
When you can take the time to properly set up charges—placing the bombs at the exact weak points of the targeted structure—the resulting explosion’s force rating is increased by three. This benefit doesn’t apply without preparation, a specific target structure, and a chance to study the target.
TECH MASTERY -1
- OMNI BLADE
All tech masters are assumed to have a military grade omni tool that provides them with access to an Omni Blade that does Weapon 2 stress in Melee combat.
- SYSTEM STRESS TRACK
Can be used to absorb Tech Attacks as well as allowing use of Tech Skills.
This probe will last a number of rounds equal to the Shifts generated with a Systems Roll against the probe’s quality of Good +1. Can reduce an opponent’s shields by 1 per attack.
Use the Systems Skill to make an attack versus an opponent’s Athletics or System Skill. If a target is hit then their shields are down and must be recharged normally before being effective again.
When Overload is used against unshielded Geth and other synthetics with the ELECTROMAGNETIC VULNERABILITY disadvantage it acts as a Weapon 2 Attack and any synthetic target struck has a block against all actions equal to Stress caused by the attack for a turn.
Tech Armor -1
Activating this Tech Power takes a supplemental action and provides a character with Armor 1 against all attacks. This stacks with any Shields or Armor the character may already have. The main difference between this and standard kinetic shields is that it reacts as Armor against penetration. It will also remain in place until detonated or deactivated even if its armor is exceeded by an attack. It can be detonated against a single target in the same zone for a Weapon 2 attack. The attacker rolls his Systems skill against the defender’s Athletics. This action drops the Tech Armor for that full Exchange. Power Skills (Tech Mastery and Biotics) can only be used every other Exchange while Tech Armor is active.
- ER6A COMBAT ENVIRO SUIT
ARMOR: 0 SHIELDS: 4 BULK: 0 COST: 2
NOTES: Light Shield Generator with Enviro-suit improvement.
- M-4 SHURIKEN
DAMAGE:2 RANGE:0-3 PENETRATION: -1 BULK:0 COST:2
- M-3 PREDATOR
DAMAGE:2 RANGE:0-3 PENETRATION: 0 BULK:0 COST:1
NOTES: Aspect: Weak versus Shields/Barriers
2ND SQUAD, RECON PLATOON, ECHO COMPANY, 2ND BATTALION, 3RD BRIGADE, 1ST REGIMENT, 13TH FRONTIER DIVISION